It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:05 pm

Wedding and indulgences without a priest 

New post Wedding and indulgences without a priest
1. Can someone advice about a wedding without a priest? We here in central Europe have no catholic (i.e. sedevacantist) priest, no sacraments, except a baptism and marriage. I want to ask whether the Church issued instructions how to perform this sacrament under these conditions.

2. Can we obtain full indulgences somehow? I cannot find a way in our old religious books, except prayers with partial indulgences.
Thanks.

Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:37 pm

New post 
In the absence of a priest, under the conditions of Canon 1098, the bride and groom should exchange consent in the traditional form of words used when there is a priest. The vernacular is used. There must be two witnesses. Anyone can ask the questions which elicit the expression of consent, but the oldest man present would be the most suitable. The Church prescribes no particular ritual, but it was suggested, when this question was asked before Vatican II, that some suitable devotions should precede and follow, for instance common recitation of the approved acts of the theological virtues, the Rosary, etc.

A document should be drawn up and signed by the parties and the witnesses confirming their free and deliberate will to enter into sacramental marriage.

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:48 pm

New post 
Are you sure there are no sedevacantists priests in your area Yurai? Whereabouts are you?

In JMJ

Luke

Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:30 pm

New post 
Hmm... could one have a wedding without a priest if there is a sedeplenist priest available and willing to perform it? I think this is a serious question - especially because, even if one refused to attend any "una cum" Mass, one could still have the wedding without a nuptial Mass. Does anyone think that an "una cum" priest is so tainted that it affects the other sacraments, not just the Mass?

Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:44 am

New post 
I live in Wojtyla┬┤s country, Slovakia. Here is neither SSPX, as long as I know. If does, then they would wonder that here is some who consider themselves to be traditionalists. Naturally, they would enjoy, but also inquiry us and so they would find out that we are SVs, what means the end of any possible cooperation. If in our country there is SSPX, it cooperates or depends on an existing Czech SSPX, whose some members know me since our email discussions on SV.
But I believe we cannot attend a mass of heretical or schismatic priest, and lefebvrists share sins and heresies of their church leaders (2 John 7-11) /remember, today is not 1970s/.
We are relatively new to SV, but few facts lead us to doubts about b.Thuc line. This is further supported by that we have for a time to do with a very doubtful and outright heretical SV clergyman (unfortunately, among SVs are some strange men).

PS: Czech lefebvrists recognize the validity of NO bishop consecrations and do not reprobate NOM.

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:40 am