It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:42 pm

PRAYER FOR AMENDMENT OF LIFE 
Site Admin

New post PRAYER FOR AMENDMENT OF LIFE
PRAYER FOR AMENDMENT OF LIFE (From The Raccolta)

Eucharistic Heart of my God, breathing and throbbing under the veil of the sacred species, I adore Thee.
Moved to fresh love by the immense blessing of the divine Eucharist, and penetrated with sorrow for my ingratitude, I humble myself profoundly when I consider the depths of my misery, but I abandon it to the still greater depths of Thy mercies.
Thou hast chosen me from my youth, Thou hast not despised mine infirmity; entering into my poor heart, Thou comest to invite me to an exchange of love, and givest me happiness and peace. And I, for my part, have lost all because I have been unfaithful, O Lord Jesus.
I have suffered my mind to go astray, and my heart to grow cold; I have listened to my own voice and have forgotten Thee.
Thou wouldst have been my guide, my counselor, the protector of my life, whilst I, suffering my passions to deafen me to Thy loving call, have failed to hear it, and have forgotten Thee.
In the midst of the salutary trials of our probation, in the joys of consolation, in all my difficulties and necessities, instead of going to Thee, I have sought creatures and have forgotten Thee.
I have forgotten Thee in Thy forsaken tabernacles where Thy love languishes, in the churches of the city where men insult Thee, in indifferent and sacrilegious hearts and even in my own sinful heart, O Jesus, both at the very moment of going up to receive Thee and after having received Thee.
Eucharistic Heart of my Saviour, joy of my first Communion and of the days when I was faithful, I give myself to Thee; return once more, draw me to Thyself anew, forgive me even this time, and I will expiate all by loving Thee.
Blessed Archangel Saint Michael and thou, well-beloved Saint John, offer up to God my act of reparation and be propitious unto me. Amen.

An indulgence of 500 days (Brief, Feb. 6, 1899; S. P. Ap., Feb 18, 1936).

Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:51 am
Profile E-mail
New post Re: PRAYER FOR AMENDMENT OF LIFE
Man, does that prayer nail the Catholic-human condition up the Mountain of Faith.

Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:30 pm