It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:35 am

Traditionalist Apologetics Under One Cover 

New post Traditionalist Apologetics Under One Cover
Is anyone aware of a book or grouping of treatises that have been published which will (from the sedevacantist conviction) serve as an emphatic, useful handout or recommendation for reading to those we wish to help educate themselves about the apostasy we are living through, and the remedial helps Our Lord has made available in these times. Forums are great, but they do tend to be drawn out with anxiety about resolution, over time. I'm not talking about wonderful books like "The Robber Church" and "The Resurrection of the Roman Catholic Church", etc., which would most assuredly be helpful adjuncts, but are directed at those traditional Catholics who are already aware to one degree or another about the crisis. . Rather, a (not too voluminous) read which will at the very least excite a proper consternation, with answers, to those who are generally nominal Catholics (Novus Ordo) as well as Protestants and others of whatever stripe. I'm sure we have each agonized over how we could even begin to instruct or direct someone outside the Faith, these horrific days, in a way that would immediately and over time protect them from falling into the Novus Ordo religion, given the snare of their nominally or presumptuosly supposing it to be the True Catholic Church (ie, the buildings and "catholic" signs out front)... assuming we had initially convinced them of the absolute veracity and necessity of the Catholic Faith and Church to begin with.

Forgive the lack of economy of words in this post... I guess I am asking for a book, or video, which will succintly help others through the process of initial conversion to the next step of conversion into the Faith as painfully clung to today among the remnant of faithful who await God's deliverance and restoration amidst the great falling away.

Thanks,

A Blessed Holy Week to all...

BarJonas

St. John 14:18; St. John 14:27

Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:07 pm
Site Admin

New post 
Dear BarJonas,

Have you seen the two books by the Fathers Radecki? "Tumultuous Times" and "What Has Happened to the Catholic Church?" Available from the CMRI. Those might be what you are seeking.

Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:34 pm
Profile E-mail

New post 
Thanks John.
I had heard of these but they had slipped my mind. I've also heard of a video called "What We Have Lost" but am uncertain as to the positions of those who created it. I guess my question stems from looking back over the long and sometimes tumultuous interchanges which occur on Traditional Catholic forums, and know that this would be no place to bring someone, basically or thoroughly unschooled in the Faith at the outset...though certainly a useful library of exchange and understanding (as your forum is) once they have gotten beyond incredulity and accepted the crisis which this great apostasy has thrust upon us. At the end of the day, the ability to bring them into the path which the remnant faithful trod these days, is a miracle in and of itself...and as we both know, especially during this Holy Week, Our Lord still thirsts for souls. And, surely there yet remain many souls who thirst as well. I do pray that God will grant us each such opportunities.
A blessed Holy Week to you and yours.

Kind regards in Christ Jesus,

BarJonas

St. John 14:18; St. John 14:27

Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:33 am
Site Admin

New post 
BarJonas wrote:
I've also heard of a video called "What We Have Lost" but am uncertain as to the positions of those who created it.

A group called The Spirit of Chartre Committee, if memory serves. "The Remnant" types perhaps? I had seen a reference somewhere to the video being available for download. Try a Google search.

BarJonas wrote:
At the end of the day, the ability to bring them into the path which the remnant faithful trod these days, is a miracle in and of itself...and as we both know, especially during this Holy Week, Our Lord still thirsts for souls. And, surely there yet remain many souls who thirst as well. I do pray that God will grant us each such opportunities.

Could not agree more. A great miracle of grace every time. Likewise our own persistence. All for God's greater glory.

I was reminded yet again of the survival of some Catholics in the N.O. recently when a middle-aged lady showed up at our chapel. She has always prayed the rosary and has the most incredibly serene features. One would think that she had been a pious traditionalist for many years. But she was suffering in the N.O., unaware of the survival of the true Mass. Amazing. Our Lady's clients are always looked after.

BarJonas wrote:
A blessed Holy Week to you and yours.

And to you also. :)

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:28 am
Profile E-mail