It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:43 pm

Prayers needed 

New post Prayers needed
Please pray for my father, James Davidson, who is dying.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:39 am
New post done
Praying for intercession of St. Joseph. Hang in there.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:12 am
Site Admin

New post Re: Prayers needed
Simplicius wrote:
Please pray for my father, James Davidson, who is dying.

I've just heard that Mr. Davidson appears to be in his his final agony at present. In your charity, please.

Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:20 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

New post Re: Prayers needed
Dear Friends,

Mr. James Davidson passed away around the time I posted the above requesting prayers in his last agony. Thank you to all who managed to squeeze some in.

A few details for the glory of God and the consolation of His friends. Mr. Davidson had not been a lifelong practising Catholic, but had recently returned to the sacraments through the instrumentality of his wonderful traditional Catholic daughter, who never ceased to pray for him, care for him (he lived with her), and generally act as his angel. He died wearing the brown scapular about his neck, having received Extreme Unction a few days before.

Mr. Davidson died in his sleep. When his daughter arrived at the hospital, the (completely non-religious) nurses had arranged him and straightened the sheets and blankets over him nicely, and had pulled his scapular out from underneath his garments and laid it on top over his chest, whilst of course still leaving it around his neck! When his daughter walked in his room she did not know he had already passed away, but she realised as soon as she saw him, and the scapular contrasted strikingly against the white sheet. She was consoled greatly by this sight.

The requiem will be offered on Friday. Please pray for the repose of the soul of this lovely old gentleman who is now undoubtedly secure from eternal loss through the power of prayer and practical charity, in the infinite mercy of God.

Yours in Christ our Loving Redeemer,
John Lane.

Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:02 am
Profile E-mail