It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:05 am

Prayer from the votive Mass for the election of a Pope 

New post Prayer from the votive Mass for the election of a Pope
Let us steer this prayer heavenwards without ceasing, so that God may give to the Church a publically known Pope, available to the faithful, who will renew all things in Christ:

Súpplici, Dómine, humilitáte depóscimus : ut sacrosánctæ Románæ Ecclésiæ concédat Pontificem illum tua imménsa píetas ; qui et pio in nos stúdio semper tibi plácitus, et tuo pópulo pro salúbri regímine sit assídue ad glóriam tui nóminis reveréndus. Per Dóminum nostrum Jesum Christum, Fílium tuum, qui tecum vivit et regnat in unitáte Spíritus Sancti, Deus, per ómnia sæcula sæculórum. Amen.

I only have a Dutch translation at hand here, so if anyone has the English translation, please do not hesitate to post it.

I reject and curse sedevacantism, and I condemn all the iniquitous things that I have written on this forum against the Catholic Church and the Popes recognised by the universal and visible Episcopate. The Papacy of HH. Francis is a dogmatic fact.

Last edited by Benedictus on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am
Profile E-mail

New post Re: Prayer from the votive Mass for the election of a Pope
Benedictus wrote:
Let us steer this prayer heavenwards without ceasing, so that God may give to the Church a publically known Pope, available to the faithful, who will renew all things in Christ:

Súpplici, Dómine, humilitáte depóscimus : ut sacrosánctæ Románæ Ecclésiæ concédat Pontificem illum tua imménsa píetas ; qui et pio in nos stúdio semper tibi plácitas, et tuo pópulo pro salúbri regímine sit assídue ad glóriam tui nóminis reveréndus. Per Dóminum nostrum Jesum Christum, Fílium tuum, qui tecum vivit et regnat in unitáte Spíritus Sancti, Deus, per ómnia sæcula sæculórum. Amen.

I only have a Dutch translation at hand here, so if anyone has the English translation, please do not hesitate to post it.

Thank you for recalling this first Votive Mass "ad diversa" from the Missal.
I have no English either, but why not use the Latin, even in private prayer?
It would be difficult to phrase this intention in a more elegant and concise way.
This reminds me of Pope Pius XII (though not a Latinist himself) who is reported to have said (can't find the source this evening): lingua Latina verba non enuntiat, sed sculpit.

One misprint: read "placitus", non "placitas".

Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:15 pm
Profile E-mail

New post Re: Prayer from the votive Mass for the election of a Pope
Lycobates wrote:
Thank you for recalling this first Votive Mass "ad diversa" from the Missal.
I have no English either, but why not use the Latin, even in private prayer?
It would be difficult to phrase this intention in a more elegant and concise way.
This reminds me of Pope Pius XII (though not a Latinist himself) who is reported to have said (can't find the source this evening): lingua Latina verba non enuntiat, sed sculpit.

One misprint: read "placitus", non "placitas".

Fixed it! Thank you.

I agree with what you say about praying in Latin.

I reject and curse sedevacantism, and I condemn all the iniquitous things that I have written on this forum against the Catholic Church and the Popes recognised by the universal and visible Episcopate. The Papacy of HH. Francis is a dogmatic fact.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:27 pm
Profile E-mail