It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:49 pm

Syon Abbey Copper Hill Va 

New post Syon Abbey Copper Hill Va
Good Morning,
For those who read other forums, you may know that I have asked about Syon Abbey in almost every conceivable place! Here is the link to their website: http://syonabbey.org/ I believe a member on this forum, know as Clark, attends this Abbey. If anyone can give any information on this chapel, it would be much appreciated. Also, if anyone has the Phone number or email for the Abbey, could you please provide it if you are able.

Thank you

Fri May 02, 2014 12:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

New post Re: Syon Abbey Copper Hill Va
Have you read through this thread on Fisheaters? http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/ind ... 032.0.html

If so, what interest do you have in it? Seems like a good place to avoid!

Fri May 02, 2014 1:17 pm
Profile E-mail

Dear Mr. Lane,
I have read that blog post, but I do question the authenticity of that information. Do you think it is valid? I know that Fisheaters has a bad reputation, and I have read posts about Father Marshall Robert which were very similar to the ones you posted about. I know that the allegations spread on the internet about Father Roberts were false, as I attended and served with Father Roberts for a year before I became a sedevacantist. The purpose for my pursuing this to such an extent is that it is one of the few Sedevacantist Churches in the South and I want to be certain that I can not attend this Church as it is in an ideal location for my family to relocate to. Also, does anyone know of any other Sedevacantist Churches in the Tennessee, Virginia, or North Carolina areas?
Thank-you :D

Fri May 02, 2014 2:24 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

I'd ask Fr. Joseph Collins, who knows the area well. He's located in Albany NY, and has serviced chapels in Virginia and before that, Florida. 518 462 2016.

He's also one of the nicest men one could meet, and a solid Catholic priest as well as an extraordinarily clear and well-trained thinker.

Fri May 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Profile E-mail

This site lists a few Masses in the locations you mention:

http://www.ecclesia.luxvera.org/Directory-USA.html

I don't know how accurate it is. I've been told on another forum that it contains questionable locations. I do note that it includes this Syon Abbey, but the website can be another place to start.

Fri May 02, 2014 4:14 pm

Dear TKGS,
Thank-you for providing that directory, it is very informative. However, the closest Mass Centre is over 200 miles away. I currently drive 115 miles, so that really would not be ideal.

Fri May 02, 2014 5:23 pm
Profile E-mail