It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:02 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Modernist diabologians censured/silenced by Church authority 
Author Message

Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:22 pm
Posts: 42
New post Modernist diabologians censured/silenced by Church authority
Father Cekada in his "Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles" wrote the following:

Quote:
The group of European modernist theologians primarily responsible for the Vatican II errors were enemies of traditional scholastic theology and had been censured or silenced by Church authority: Murray, Schillebeeckx, Congar, de Lubac, Teihard, etc. When the strictures were removed under John XXIII, they were able to spread their errors freely. If anything, the fact that they had been previously silenced demonstrates the Church’s vigilance against error in the writings of her theologians.


I have read in many other sites over and over again the same thing, that theologians who were censured/silenced/under suspicion suddenly became the "experts" and peritii at Vatican 2 but I have never seen any actual evidence for it.

Does anyone know the complete list of all these Modernist diabologians, and where the evidence of their censure/silence can be found?


Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:25 am
Profile E-mail

Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:22 pm
Posts: 42
New post Re: Modernist diabologians censured/silenced by Church autho
John,

You said this in "Vatican 2 - the abandonment of divine religion":

Quote:
And the argument that those who brought about Vatican II were Modernists needs to be made (not hard to do!), rather than just asserted as I have done in this text. My purpose there was to illustrate, explain, not prove, but still, such a central point ought to be proved. As I say, not hard to do at all, they were really blatant Modernists as subsequent behaviour proved beyond doubt, but the proofs ought to be offered all the same.


I was just wondering if you had any specific date when you'll do this?


Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:13 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 2:30 pm
Posts: 4333
New post Re: Modernist diabologians censured/silenced by Church autho
Iugiter wrote:
Father Cekada in his "Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles" wrote the following:

Quote:
The group of European modernist theologians primarily responsible for the Vatican II errors were enemies of traditional scholastic theology and had been censured or silenced by Church authority: Murray, Schillebeeckx, Congar, de Lubac, Teihard, etc. When the strictures were removed under John XXIII, they were able to spread their errors freely. If anything, the fact that they had been previously silenced demonstrates the Church’s vigilance against error in the writings of her theologians.


I have read in many other sites over and over again the same thing, that theologians who were censured/silenced/under suspicion suddenly became the "experts" and peritii at Vatican 2 but I have never seen any actual evidence for it.

Does anyone know the complete list of all these Modernist diabologians, and where the evidence of their censure/silence can be found?


Lots of places. What have you read?

_________________
In Christ our King.


Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:22 pm
Posts: 42
New post Re: Modernist diabologians censured/silenced by Church autho
John Lane wrote:
What have you read?


What do you mean?


Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:47 pm
Profile E-mail

Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 95
New post Re: Modernist diabologians censured/silenced by Church autho
Iugiter wrote:
John Lane wrote:
What have you read?


What do you mean?


Does anyone know the complete list of all these Modernist diabologians, and where the evidence of their censure/silence can be found?

John Lane's response was:

Quote:
Lot's of places.


Correct me if I am wrong John but I believe you are saying a complete list of all the Modernist diaboligians can be found in a lot of places.

If that is the case can you direct us to a particular place? Would a google search help us or should we make time to search a Catholic library? I'm not particularly interested in the list but if someone did the did the dirty work and provided it for us I would certainly be interested. :lol:


Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:14 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 2:30 pm
Posts: 4333
New post Re: Modernist diabologians censured/silenced by Church autho
Look, there are many articles, such as They Think They've Won in Si Si, No, No, which list and provide the evidence. There is Wiltgen's book, Albergigo's five volumes, Robert De Mattei's Vatican II: An Untold Story (a must-read, by the way) etc. There's oodles of places to find this data. These are from the top of my head.

The point is that anybody who wants to understand these matters needs to do some actual work. Go and read some books.

_________________
In Christ our King.


Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:49 pm
Profile E-mail

Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:22 pm
Posts: 42
New post Re: Modernist diabologians censured/silenced by Church autho
John Lane wrote:
Look, there are many articles, such as They Think They've Won in Si Si, No, No, which list and provide the evidence. There is Wiltgen's book, Albergigo's five volumes, Robert De Mattei's Vatican II: An Untold Story (a must-read, by the way) etc. There's oodles of places to find this data. These are from the top of my head.

The point is that anybody who wants to understand these matters needs to do some actual work. Go and read some books.


Yes, thank you, that's what I needed.


Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:01 am
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.