It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:11 pm

The Indult exists to kill traditional Catholic resistance 
Site Admin

New post The Indult exists to kill traditional Catholic resistance
Yes, I know we all know this, but it's still interesting to see a Conciliar church figure state it so clearly:

Quote:

Q. I'd like to take a rapid-fire tour of a few contentious issues. The idea is to get your basic position, without going into details. Let's start with one you already raised: the Latin Mass.

A. The Latin Mass is deeply loved by some members of the church. The Holy Father, beginning with John Paul II and continued by Benedict XVI, has asked the bishops to be very sensitive to their needs. I was ordained in Rapid City in 1988, around the time that the Holy Father set up the Ecclesia Dei commission. As soon as I became aware of his desire, I welcomed the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter to Rapid City to establish a community to meet the needs of those people. There were three or four St. Pius X [break-away] communities in the diocese, but by the time I left they had all disappeared because we met their needs.

http://ncronline.org/news/people/exclus ... les-chaput

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:25 am
Profile E-mail

New post Re: The Indult exists to kill traditional Catholic resistanc
John Lane wrote:
Yes, I know we all know this, but it's still interesting to see a Conciliar church figure state it so clearly:

Quote:

Q. I'd like to take a rapid-fire tour of a few contentious issues. The idea is to get your basic position, without going into details. Let's start with one you already raised: the Latin Mass.

A. The Latin Mass is deeply loved by some members of the church. The Holy Father, beginning with John Paul II and continued by Benedict XVI, has asked the bishops to be very sensitive to their needs. I was ordained in Rapid City in 1988, around the time that the Holy Father set up the Ecclesia Dei commission. As soon as I became aware of his desire, I welcomed the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter to Rapid City to establish a community to meet the needs of those people. There were three or four St. Pius X [break-away] communities in the diocese, but by the time I left they had all disappeared because we met their needs.

http://ncronline.org/news/people/exclus ... les-chaput

So were all these Catholics just "smells and bells" Mass goers? It's hard to believe that 3 SSPX communities were made up of conservative Novus Ordites that just preferred aesthetics of the Latin Mass and were totally ignorant of the doctrinal issues with the Conciliar Church.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:11 pm
Profile E-mail

New post Re: The Indult exists to kill traditional Catholic resistanc
Thomas wrote:
So were all these Catholics just "smells and bells" Mass goers? It's hard to believe that 3 SSPX communities were made up of conservative Novus Ordites that just preferred aesthetics of the Latin Mass and were totally ignorant of the doctrinal issues with the Conciliar Church.

Actually, I think Chaput's is memory is faulty. I think it is probable that he remembers what he wants to remember rather than what truly was. However, I cannot confirm this because I do not have access to records from the 1980s and 1990s.

I will note, however, that as of today, the SSPX has a chapel in Rapid City and it has been there since, at least, the early 2000s. It is Sts. Peter and Paul Mission in Rapid City, SD. I also note that there is exactly one indult parish in Rapid City as well.

I would find it hard to believe that Rapid City (population: around 70,000) could support three SSPX chapels or Mass Centers even in the entire diocese which covers the western and least populated half of the State of South Dakota (the State's total population is around 870,000, mostly concentrated in the eastern half of the State).

As a contrast of sorts, I note that in the greater Indianapolis area there is an independent Catholic Chapel, an SSPX chapel, and an indult parish and Indianapolis has a total population comparable to the entire State of South Dakota.

Chaput may think he conquered the SSPX and believe his ecumenical policy of accommodating the nostalgic desires of a certain segment of the Catholics in the diocese worked to bring people to his religion. But I don't believe his elevator is going all the way to the top floor on this issue. I think he's looking at his days in Rapid City through rose colored glasses.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:43 pm