It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:04 am

"Dealing" with "Catholics"... 

New post "Dealing" with "Catholics"...
A bit of history: I am an amateur radio operator, and have been one since 1956. I am very active on the radio practicing for disasters by handling radiogram messages between an organized group of like-minded "hams" for ordinary people. In the course of this work, I often run across other fellow hams who are also "Catholics", and sometimes, I take the opportunity to ask them some questions about their stance on those things that are most important.

One of these folks has sometimes mentioned to me that his wife watches EWTN religiously as this effects the time he must cut off our exchanges in order not to interfere with her watching that program. He has also mentioned their attending Mass during various feast days. So, it is obvious that the two of them take their faith pretty seriously. Recently, I sent the following question to this friend who lives in Texas:

"So, on another subject, what do you and your wife think of Frankie? Just curious..."

Here is his reply:

"I asked my wife how she likes him and she said she loved him, although many of her friends think he is not strict enough. I am still undecided. I was comfortable with Pope Benedict and his "German ways" with a return to more strict orthodoxy. Pope Francis brings a new focus to many things. I do like his humility and disdain for excessive "comfort" items like the Papal suite and expensive vehicle. He seems to me to have a liberal focus of helping people first and tradition second. I would not call him a liberal, per se, but he is definitely changing the focus of what the Church represents in the world. In the long run, I think it will be good for the Church, but it will take some getting used to."

I am completely appalled! To me it is obvious that neither my friend nor his wife has any real understanding of what the Catholic Faith really consists of. I showed this reply to my wife and our children, and they were more or less stunned too, although my wife did say to me, "Well, what did you expect? They simply don't know any better."

I had at first thought I should attempt to point my friend in a more orthodox direction: then I was so amazed that I simply do not know what to do, or even if I should try to do anything. What do you all think of this?

Even my sister, with whom I have been more or less fighting about the NO issues for years contacted me the other day and, much to my surprise, insisted that Frankie is " the precursor of antichrist..." (her words)..., yet she still believes him to be the true pope: "...we have had bad popes before, and God has always prevented them from promulgating false doctrine...." :roll:

All of this sort of thing simply amazes me, and gives me further proof for my insistence that God has given some of us the grace to see the truth which He has not given to others, and that we had better constantly thank Him for it and pray that He never takes it away from us.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:33 pm
Profile E-mail

New post Re: "Dealing" with "Catholics"...
I think this is no surprise coming from Novus Ordites. The vast majority of those in the Novus Ordo religion have lost the Catholic Faith; poll after poll has shown this. They have absolutely no sense of what being a Catholic is about, they have no "sensus Catholicus". This is the effect of Vatican II; to destroy the Catholic Faith in its followers. If Pius the XII were elected Pope tomorrow and condemned Vatican II and the Novus Ordo Mass, most of them would rebel because they like the new religion. They are essentially Protestants; they pick and choose what Catholic dogmas to adhere to and which to discard. So the fact that they are just fine with the new Modernist imposter is no big surprise to me.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

I agree, Thomas, it's extraordinarily like the Protestant revolt in Britain, where the same priests, the same church buildings, and the same flocks were gradually turned into Protestant parishes over a more or less extended period by "gradualism." Canonically, many of these people remain Catholics, but "culturally" they are nothing like Catholics. They remain Catholics because they remain disposed to accept whatever the Church teaches, but to them she doesn't appear to do any teaching and they have no very clear ideas about what the objects of belief actually are. It's an extraordinary situation. The pope question is really secondary to such people. If you don't have the objects of faith in your head, you won't notice anybody contradicting those objects, and you won't care if such contradictions are pointed out.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:21 am
Profile E-mail

On Cekada & Sanborn's truerestoration radio show, they state a couple of times that according to their best guess, only about 20% of Novus Ordinarians could be called "Catholic" at all any more. The other 80% have fallen into the pit of Liberalism (or just flat out don't care, which basically amounts to the same thing). So... a solid majority of the Novus Ordinarians seem lost. Like those who threatened to walk out of our local parish if the "priest" dared to start offering the "Extraordinary Form".

Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:46 am
Profile E-mail

In my personal experience, I would say that the figure of 20% of the Novus Ordo "community" actually holding the Catholic Faith, or even really trying to hold the Catholic Faith, is pretty generous. I would have guessed the figure to be closer to 2 or 3 percent with 20% being actively liberal and the remainder being apathetic towards the faith and simply attending Mass (when they attend Mass) for social reasons.

My experience, though, is limited to only a few Novus Ordo parishes over a 40 year time-frame.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:10 pm