It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:41 pm

The Destruction of Christendom 

New post The Destruction of Christendom
John Lane:

Quote:
Paul VI very specifically ensured that all hitherto confessional states, that is, states that recognised Our Lord Jesus Christ as King, altered their constitutions in order to eliminate this recognition.

I have heard this said a few times, but I have never actually heard the details of exactly who and how, when etc. and seen the source material on the matter. Can some people give me the proper references to learning the full history of this?

Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:40 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

New post Re: The Destruction of Christendom
It's an excellent question. I can't recall any explicit sources, except that I am sure that Archbishop Lefebvre states it as fact somewhere (They Have Uncrowned Him, perhaps?).

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:28 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

New post Re: The Destruction of Christendom
Here's one source, Dom - Archbishop Lefebvre's leter on Dignitatis Humanae and religious liberty of 26 February 1978: http://www.sspxasia.com/Documents/Archb ... ter_15.htm

Note,
Quote:
DH has a wholly partial and unjust idea of the State: it sees in the State nothing but an antagonist, in face of which the Church should not and cannot ask for more than independence. It does not even imagine that there could be a system of union and concord in which these two societies established by God could give one another intimate mutual aid, each in its domain: the Church fostering respect in the citizens for authority "which comes from God," the State helping and protecting the Church with public institutions founded on Catholic principles such as until recently (before they were abrogated in an application of Vatican II) were enjoyed in totally Catholic countries such as Colombia, Spain, and the Swiss cantons Fribourg, Tessin, and Valais.

And,
Quote:
F) Disastrous Consequences of the Abandonment of the Traditional Doctrine of the Church about the Duties of the City to the Church

- Interventions of the Holy See for the liberty of false religions, by the suppression in the Constitutions of Catholic States of the first article stating that the Catholic religion alone is officially recognized as the State religion.

Examples from Colombia, Spain, Italy, and the Swiss cantons of Valais and Tessin, where the Nunciatures encouraged the suppression of that article in the Constitutions.

- Intervention by the Holy Father himself in his discourse after the Council and on the occasion of the official reception at the Vatican of the King of Spain, basing himself on the document on Religious Liberty:

"What does the Church ask of you today? She tells you in one of the major documents of this Council: she asks of you only liberty."

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:29 am
Profile E-mail