It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:03 am

Ratzo and the Trinity 

New post Ratzo and the Trinity
My wife and I have been reading a document entitled, "The Concept of Person as Relation in the Theology of Joseph Ratzinger", by Mary Clare Piecynski. This document is available on the web in various formats including as a PDF for anyone interested.

Neither my wife nor I can really understand what Ratzo is saying and believing on this issue, although everything he says about "personhood", "relation" and especially, "The Trinity" very seriously violates our Sensus Catholicus.

In fact, reading his words on the subject of the Trinity makes my head hurt.

We all know (or should know) that the Trinity as explained to us by Our Lord, i.e., One God in Three Divine Persons, is a mystery which exceeds the ability of our finite minds to comprehend.

Yet it appears that Ratzo is explaining it in a way that is most definitely not Catholic in any sense of the word.

For one thing, he defines "person-hood" as simply "relation"; that none of us, including God, exists outside of our relationship to others. He also makes the point that it is only when our "relation" to God becomes fully accurate and correct that we are saved.

My wife and I see these ideas as a further extension of the Teihardian idea of the evolution of mankind to that final all-encompassing all-inclusive single cosmological "being".

If anyone here would care to address some of these ideas of Ratzo's and could provide a clear counter to them, we would be extremely grateful.

As I have repeatedly stated here, in my opinion, Ratzo is absolutely the worst heretic who has ever struck the Church, and for anyone to accept him as the True Pope is actually insanity.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:02 pm
Profile E-mail