It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:05 am

New Website: The Catholic Archive 

New post New Website: The Catholic Archive
Hello all,

I'd like to introduce you to a website that I have recently published: www.thecatholicarchive.com. From the home page:

The Catholic Archive is a repository of rare or out-of-print Catholic books, dissertations, articles and essays covering a wide variety of subject matter. This reading material is for the serious Catholic who wishes to deepen their understanding of the Faith and all that is related to it. We believe no one will fail to be enlightened and edified to some degree by the literature found in the Catholic Archive. Suppressed by historical accident, we now present what has been hitherto generally inaccessible to the faithful around the world. Many titles emerge for the first time since the date of their original publication. The Catholic Archive will continue to grow in volume as titles are added on a regular basis. Take up and read.

An annual subscription is only $30

Please visit www.thecatholicarchive.com. Feedback is most welcome!

Thank you,

In J.M.J.+

Matthew Snyder

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:54 pm
Profile E-mail

New post Re: New Website: The Catholic Archive
So what ye think? Any comments or suggestions?

Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:14 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Hello Matthew,

Well I have just had a look around, and it's outstanding! What format are the articles in?

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:25 pm
Profile E-mail

Thanks John, thank you for visiting the website and the compliment, it means alot. The files are all standard PDF.

Here are the newest titles:

Item #99 “The Sessorian Relics of the Lord’s Passion” by D. Balduino Bedini, O. Cist. 1928

Item #98 “The Renunciation of an Ecclesiastical Office: A Historical Synopsis and Commentary” by Rev. Gerald McDevitt, S.T.L. 1946

Item #97 “Our Lady: Mediatrix of All Graces” by Fr. Raphael O’Connell, S.J. 1926

Item #96 “Crown of Life” Cross and Crown: A Thomistic Quarterly of Spiritual Theology 1949, Fr. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange, O.P.

Item #95 “Eternal Youth” Cross and Crown: A Thomistic Quarterly of Spiritual Theology 1950, Fr. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange, O.P.

Item #94 “The Heresy of Action” Cross and Crown: A Thomistic Quarterly of Spiritual Theology 1951, Fr. Jordan Aumann, O.P.

Item #93 “St. Joseph and Providence” Cross and Crown: A Thomistic Quarterly of Spiritual Theology 1953, Fr. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange, O.P.

Item #91 “Monsieur Olier (1608 – 1657)” by Rev. James Bellord

Item #90 “The Philosophy of Teaching of St. Thomas Aquinas” by Mary Helen Mayer 1929

Item #89 “Liberalism: A Criticism of Its Basic Principles and Divers Forms” by Louis Card. Billot 1922

Item #88 “The Sinfulness of Heresy” by Rev. M.H. MacInery, O.P.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:47 pm
Profile E-mail

Just an FYI, instead of an annual membership fee, there is now a simple one time fee for a lifetime membership.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:59 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

I've registered, thank you Matthew. Reading Billot now, a tract that I had tried unsuccessfully to find some years ago! Marvellous.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:49 pm
Profile E-mail

Caminus wrote:
Just an FYI, instead of an annual membership fee, there is now a simple one time fee for a lifetime membership.

I`ll register later on today. Thanks Matthew.

Two questions:

1) Do you have AER complete? Is there a possibility to have all Fenton´s articles there? I`ve many of them but not all. I just saw you have published some I don´t have :)

2) Perhaps you can get Billot`s articles on Etudes where he deals about a limbo for adults?

Thanks!

Leon Bloy

Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:35 pm
Profile E-mail

John Lane wrote:
I've registered, thank you Matthew. Reading Billot now, a tract that I had tried unsuccessfully to find some years ago! Marvellous.

Why you didn´t ask it to me? :D I just have it both in Spanish and in Latin.

It is one of the best on that topic I think.

Leon Bloy

Last edited by Cristian Jacobo on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:36 pm
Profile E-mail

I joined. Thank you for doing this!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:41 pm
Profile E-mail

John Lane wrote:

I am truly glad you are enjoying the website. I had my doubts considering your wonderful collection that you have on your website ;) I found the Billot manuscript by a happy accident. More to come hopefully. Please let me know if there are any other texts you would like to see.

Matt

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Cristian Jacobo wrote:
Caminus wrote:

I`ll register later on today. Thanks Matthew.

Two questions:

1) Do you have AER complete? Is there a possibility to have all Fenton´s articles there? I`ve many of them but not all. I just saw you have published some I don´t have :)

2) Perhaps you can get Billot`s articles on Etudes where he deals about a limbo for adults?

Thanks!

It's possible to collect all of his articles, but it would take some time. Between you, John and myself we probably have most of them. Could you give me some more details on the Billot articles? I'd be happy to see what I can dig up.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Larie wrote:
I joined. Thank you for doing this!

Hello Larie, you are most welcome. I didn't see your info on the users page. Let me know if you have any difficulties with the registration process.

Matt

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:10 pm
Profile E-mail

Here's an updated list of titles recently added:

Item #130 “Luther’s Own Statements Concerning His Teaching and its Results” by Fr. Henry O’Conner, S.J. 1884

Item #129 “Christian Knighthood” by Joseph Anderson

Item #128 “The Precept of Hearing Mass” by John Joseph Guiniven, C.SS.R., J.C.L. 1942

Item #127 “A Work on the Three Theological Virtues Faith, Hope and Charity” Disputations XVIII (On Faith) & XIII (On Charity), Francisco Suarez

Item #126 “A Defense of the Catholic and Apostolic Faith in Refutation of the Errors of the Anglican Sect” Bks. III & VI, Francisco Suarez

Item #125c1 & c2 “A Treatise on Laws and God the Lawgiver, Of Unwritten Law Which is Called Custom” Bk. VII, Francisco Suarez

Item #125b “A Treatise on Laws and God the Lawgiver, On the Interpretation, Cessation and Change of Human Laws” Bk. VI, Francisco Suarez

Item #125a “A Treatise on Laws and God the Lawgiver, On Positive Human Law” Bk. III Francisco Suarez

Item #124 “Original Sin and Human Misery” by Msgr. John Ryan 1942

Item #123 “Prolonged Fasting and Theresa Neumann” The A.E.R.

Item #122 “Catholic Orientations on Church and State” The A.E.R.

Item #121 “The Theory of the ‘Lay State’” The A.E.R. 1951

Item #120 “’Mystical Body of Christ’ and ‘Catholic Church’ Exactly Coextensive” The A.E.R. 1940

Item #119 “Is All Profit Unjust?” The A.E.R.

Item #118 “The Preaching of Christ” The A.E.R. 1940

Item #117 “The Morality of Artificial Fecundation” by Father Gerald Kelly, S.J. The A.E.R.

Item #116 “A Modern Defense of the Pharisees” The A.E.R. 1939

Item #115 “The Act of the Mystical Body” The A.E.R.

Item #114 “Can the Churches Unite?” by W. I. Lonergan

Item #113 “Modernism and Modern Thought” by Father Bampton, S.J.

Item #112 “The Thoughtlessness of Modern Thought Concerning the Ideas of Civilization, Culture, Science and Progress” Fr. Demetrius Zema, S.J. 1933

Item #111 “Some Modern Non-Intellectual Approaches to God” by Sister Agnes Teresa McAuliffe 1934

Item #110 “Members of the Church and of the Mystical Body” by John Canfield, S.T.L. 1961

Item #109 “A Manual of Catholic Action” by Msgr. Luigi Civardi 1935

Item #108 “The Manner of Demonstrating in Natural Philosophy” by Fr. Melvin Glutz

Item #107 “The Communion of Saints and the Mystical Body” The A.E.R.

Item #106 “Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus” The A.E.R.

Item #105 “An Accusation Against School Theology” The A.E.R.

Item #104 “The Extension of Christ’s Mystical Body” The A.E.R. 1944

Item #103 “Our Lady of Guadalupe” The Irish Ecclesiastical Record

Item #102 “Concerning ‘Thomistic Metaphysics and the Sacrament-Sacrifice” The Irish Ecclesiastical Record 1942

Item #101 “Hesitating Mariology” Irish Ecclesiastical Record

Item #100 “Wealth and Money in the Economic Philosophy of St. Thomas” by Frederick Flynn 1942

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:13 pm
Profile E-mail