It is currently Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:22 am

Robert Siscoe is now trying to refute John Daly's argument 

New post Robert Siscoe is now trying to refute John Daly's argument
Robert Siscoe has now written an article trying to refute John Daly's paper on Vatican II and infallibility. It is published in "Catholic Family News." I will try to scan the article later today but, if anyone, who is more computer competent than I, beats me to it, please feel free to post it.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:52 pm

New post Re: Robert Siscoe is now trying to refute John Daly's argume
Well, I haven't seen it yet, but the last time I was "refuted" by Mr Siscoe the words of Samuel Johnson came to mind: "Sir, your article was both original and good, but the part that was original was not good and the part that was good was not original."
In fact I couldn't help feeling that Mr Siscoe must find me a very contradictory sort of fellow as being the best source of arguments against my own position. I seem to recall, rather flatteringly, that St Robert Bellarmine and St Thomas Aquinas were both accused of something similar. It certainly saves work for the opposition.
So far the only negative feedback I have personally received on my article has been a feverish missive from a Feeneyite who had the intelligence to realise when reading it that if the ordinary and universal magisterium exists and is infallible, his pet heresy is dead.
In the present case the subject has been so exhaustively thrashed out in French by highly competent scholars over the last thirty years that I doubt whether there is much left for Mr Siscoe to reveal, but I await with interest his contribution to the debate.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:10 pm

Here's the website:

http://www.cfnews.org/

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:02 am

csibf wrote:
Here's the website:

http://www.cfnews.org/

It does not appear that this particular article is posted on this website.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:59 am

I scanned the paper and sent it to John. I was reluctant to post it because of copyright issues.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:52 pm

I just read the article. I would very much like to hear Mr. Lane's rebuttal to this.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:07 am
Profile E-mail

Recusant wrote:
I scanned the paper and sent it to John. I was reluctant to post it because of copyright issues.

I would be interested in reading this. Does anyone have a link to it online or can it be posted? Being as how the paper has already been released to subscribers, it is now in the public domain isn't it? How could it be a copyright infringement to post it?

Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:33 pm
Profile E-mail

Thomas wrote:
Recusant wrote:

I would be interested in reading this. Does anyone have a link to it online or can it be posted? Being as how the paper has already been released to subscribers, it is now in the public domain isn't it? How could it be a copyright infringement to post it?

Count me as another Thomas who would like to check it out...

Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:41 pm
Profile E-mail