It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:31 pm

Anybody want to become a Eucharistic Minister? 

New post Anybody want to become a Eucharistic Minister?
Just hop on over to eHow.com, "Your one-stop online resource for life's challenges." When you are finished learning all about "How to Clean Pressure Treated Wood Decks" move along over to their Cultural and Society section where you can become a Eucharistic Minister in 5-easy-steps.

How to Become a Eucharistic Minister
By an eHow Contributor

As an extraordinary minister of the Eucharist, commonly referred to as a Eucharistic minister, lay people can serve the Catholic Church by distributing Holy Communion during Mass and bringing it to the homebound. There is a simple process that you must follow in order to become a Eucharistic minister. Read on to learn how to become a Eucharist minister.

Instructions

o 1
Practice your Catholic faith through a prayerful relationship with God. Take advantage of the sacraments regularly. If you have not been to confession in a while, go before you start the process of becoming a Eucharistic minister and continue to go regularly.

o 2
Understand the role of an extraordinary minister of the Eucharist. Priests and deacons are the ordinary ministers of the Eucharist. If enough ordained ministers are present at Mass, extraordinary ministers should defer to them and not distribute Holy Communion.

o 3
Attend a training session at your parish. Contact your parish office for a schedule and, while you are talking with the parish secretary, make sure your parish membership is up to date. This is a good time to join the parish if you are not an official member yet. If there is enough interest the parish staff may schedule an additional session.

o 4
Sign up to serve at some Masses throughout the year. Parishes schedule Eucharistic ministers in different ways. Your parish will cover its procedures at the training session.

o 5
Arrive at Mass early when you are serving as a Eucharistic minister so that you can prepare spiritually. Check in with the priest who is celebrating Mass so that he knows that you have arrived.

Oh my, I had no idea! :roll:

On the last day, when the general examination takes place, there will be no question at all on the text of Aristotle, the aphorisms of Hippocrates, or the paragraphs of Justinian. Charity will be the whole syllabus.

- St. Robert Bellarmine

Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:17 pm
Profile E-mail

New post Re: Anybody want to become a Eucharistic Minister?
If, in a pinch, it can be shortened to a 10 minute training before the service, but you have to deny one or more Catholic doctrines. Been there, and I've seen it done.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:10 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi Aggie, welcome to The Tea Room!

I've never witnessed a Eucharistic minister/ministress/minstrel doing their thing, it must be the most horrifying sight to behold.

Regarding denial of doctrine - yes, starting with their denial of the Real Presence. It shows in how they treat the "Eucharist". It's all about them, really. The fact that Our Lord is not truly present in their service is a great consolation to us, though this objective truth doesn't work in their favour. Should they ever convert to Tradition at least they can take comfort that they were being irreverent to nothing more than a piece of bread.

Tea and biscuits, anyone?

On the last day, when the general examination takes place, there will be no question at all on the text of Aristotle, the aphorisms of Hippocrates, or the paragraphs of Justinian. Charity will be the whole syllabus.

- St. Robert Bellarmine

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:35 pm
Profile E-mail

Aggie wrote:
If, in a pinch, it can be shortened to a 10 minute training before the service, but you have to deny one or more Catholic doctrines. Been there, and I've seen it done.

It doesn't even need this. When I was in the U.S. Army (and still very much Novus Ordo), right before the service started, a major in my unit who helped get things ready in the post chapel and ushered, walked up to me and told me that one the eucharistic ministers was in the field (i.e., war-fighting training, this was the army, after all) and asked me to take care of the wine. That was it. That's when I became a eucharisitic minister.

What a pitiful time in my life.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi TKGS,

Firstly, I would like to say "Thanks for dropping in!". I have read you for years on AQ (should I be mentioning that here? or do you want that bit edited out???) and of course on here. I always appreciate your input and your gentlemanly tone. And even more so now that you've visited my Tea Room. :wink:

After reading your Ministering initiation and Aggie's input I am now beginning to think that eHow's done a great job!

- St. Robert Bellarmine

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:40 pm
Profile E-mail

Katie,
I'm even more uneasy now. I'm much more like a fisherman than a diplomat. Gentlemanly tone?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:42 am
Profile E-mail

That eHow is actually quite good. I have even seen worse, there is this one Franciscan "priest" that I spoke to who believed that the standards of Eucharistic ministers in the liberal/modernist city of El Paso, a.k.a. "Card. Roger Mahony" baby are too "much." This apostate was telling all the nice ladies (shocking all of them), that in Las Cruces, New Mexico he makes the 4th grader's be Eucharistic ministers. His excuse is that if you don't involve the children in the Liturgy early on in life, they will hate it later on.

He was recalling how even some of the children were reluctant to accept the job offering :lol: and how he would gently force them over time. I mean woW! After I heard that (I was sitting right next to him), I simply sat somewhere else for fear I might punch the guy St. Athanasius stylezz.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:23 pm
Profile E-mail