It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:02 am

Archbishop Lefebvre and the Sedevacantist Thesis 
Site Admin

New post Archbishop Lefebvre and the Sedevacantist Thesis
A sample chapter of The Church Crucified.

http://strobertbellarmine.net/Archbisho ... Thesis.pdf

Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:47 am
Profile E-mail

New post Re: Archbishop Lefebvre and the Sedevacantist Thesis
John Lane wrote:
A sample chapter of The Church Crucified.

Thanks a lot John! :)

Leon Bloy

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:33 am
Profile E-mail

Thanks, that was very enlightening.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:43 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

I would like very much for SSPX priests to read that chapter. If you know any, please consider printing it and handing it to them or sending them a link. Likewise SSPX supporters in general.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:06 am
Profile E-mail

1) This Sedevacantist Thesis in pdf is a well done thing! I read it all and it is clear and should be read by SSPX priests and leadership -- NOW.

2) Archbishop Lefebvre might also well have contested the Angelus/Avrille Dominican thesis that the new rite of episcopal ordination was/is valid. The election of Benedict XVI forced a decision from the SSPX to either agree or disagree that Benedict XVI is a validly consecrated "Bishop" of Rome (via the new rite for him) and the leadership opted for saying the new rite was certainly valid -- a sadly disingenious bit of work, that.

3) And I'd like to add that this site of yours is a welcome haven of Truth as it does not tolerate error (which would make it a platform for the free expression of error). As such, it is Catholic, but the site Ignis Ardens, for instance, is a dangerous ecumenical breeding ground of error. It reminds me of the quote from St. Bernadette: "I only fear bad Catholics".

4) Thank you for a site where Catholics may breath the good, clean air of Truth without concern that a pestilential attack of heretical fosgene gas is just a breath away. So many other, so-called Catholic websites mix Truth and error with as little concern as mixing a salad for all to consume, Catholics and heretics alike, the latter poisoning the former to their own death.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:15 am
Profile E-mail

Quote:
I would like very much for SSPX priests to read that chapter

I posted this address on Ignis Ardens and apparently several read the chapter and hopefully the SSPX priests.

Another interesting thing. Fr Cekada is now communicating on that site. Hopefully more eyes will be opened.

Wed May 02, 2012 3:39 am
Site Admin

Thanks for doing that.

Interesting that they are tolerating "sede" arguments on IA. More proof that SSPXers are essentially sedevacantist? The reaction to the possibility of recognition without any strings attached would suggest the same thing. It's surprising how negatively the average trad regards that possibility.

Edit: Can somebody please post the link to the other significant trad Catholic Internet forums? I'd do so myself except that I'm not a member of any of them. :wink:

Wed May 02, 2012 5:04 am
Profile E-mail

Quote:
Edit: Can somebody please post the link to the other significant trad Catholic Internet forums? I'd do so myself except that I'm not a member of any of them.

I assure you, John, that you are not missing one blessed thing. :wink:

Wed May 02, 2012 4:09 pm

Quote:
SSPXers are essentially sedevacantist

They took it on only after the moderator saw that it was by ABL.

Quote:
QUOTE (iacsi @ Apr 24 2012, 05:40 PM)
It might behoove all to read this and see what's what!

Archbishop Lefebvre and the Sedevacantist Thesis

Though this is a link to a site whose author is a sede, and thus technically against the rules, I'm going to let it pass for the timebeing. I've read the document in question, and it is not sede progaganda, it is not the usual polemic, and it may be of some use/interest... obviously its author is not infallible! (Clare or Patricius may decide differently to me about this, so it may not be around forever! )

Also, I would warn people that John Lane, though he writes well, and though he is more sensible these days, has written and contributed to the wackier side of S.V.ism in the past (more recently, he himself called it "poisonous rubbish"), so be on your guard if someone gives you something by him.

Quote:
I think you may him confused with John Daly (of Britons fame). But that's beside the point. That article illustrates what I have said a few times here, that the Archbishop held open the possibility that Paul VI and John Paul II were not truly popes. The Archbishop did not insist dogmatically that their authority was beyond question. This is a different stance than that taken by some - especially the more liberal wing of the SSPX who are in favour of a deal. Fr. Schmidberger, for example.

If one thinks that one day the Church might declare that Benedict wasn't pope, the pressure to do a deal with him is less. This isn't sedevacantism, it's merely clear thinking.

I know you are busy with more important things John so I clipped and pasted a coupe of relevant postings above.

More ay this site: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Ignis_Arden ... 149&st=150

Wed May 02, 2012 4:46 pm

John Lane wrote:
Edit: Can somebody please post the link to the other significant trad Catholic Internet forums? I'd do so myself except that I'm not a member of any of them. :wink:

Why bother? Anyone who really loves the truth would be here and not there....where ever "there" happens to be...

Wed May 02, 2012 4:48 pm
Profile E-mail

Ken,

This one site leads to several others. http://www.dailycatholic.org/issue/text.htm

There is of course the Remnant http://remnantnewspaper.com/

And http://spiritdaily.com/

God Bless!

Wed May 02, 2012 5:21 pm

Ken Gordon wrote:
John Lane wrote:

Why bother? Anyone who really loves the truth would be here and not there....where ever "there" happens to be...

Because sometimes one who really does love the truth doesn't know about here. I found out about the Ballarmine Forums and the website from a posting (critical of this website, by the way) on Angelqueen a long time ago. I was trying to understand the situation as it really is rather than the situation as I wanted it to be (as many traditional sedeplentists seem to do) and was looking for someone who would rationally discuss sedevacantism rather than "BLEEP!" it out whenever it was discussed.

By the way, whatever happened to the tongue-in-cheek "warning against bread" which contained snippets such as (I paraphrase), "100% of convicted felons ate bread within 2 weeks of committing their crime"? It seems to have been deleted from the website.

Wed May 02, 2012 8:44 pm

This much I am sure of. Taking the SV position is a scary proposition, especially for those raised as dedicated and devout Catholics. It is hard to give up all that "security", all that trust in priests and bishops and cardinals and popes and forgetting the ONE TRUE GOD in Whom alone all faith and trust should be placed,

Perhaps Jesus wants us to remember Peter's question and response,

"...Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. And we have believed and have known that you are the Christ, the Son of God."(Jn 6:68f)

And answering Thomas who did not know whither to go or the way to follow,

"Jesus said to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father, but by me." (Jn 14:6)

Thu May 03, 2012 4:46 pm

Quote:
Taking the SV position is a scary proposition...

Yes. It is.

Thu May 03, 2012 5:53 pm

I have never bothered to join any other "Catholic" forum: there are too many people who are simply trying to prove to everyone else just how intelligent and/or holy they are, and it is too easy for me to get sucked into an argument with them. I don't suffer fools easily...despite the fact that I am probably the biggest fool of them all. :oops:

Thu May 03, 2012 7:30 pm
Profile E-mail